Balancing the practicalities of arranging a funeral and compassionately supporting a family in need takes time and years of practice.
It’s also a team effort utilising a wide variety of skills.
If there is a vacancy below that you would like to apply for, please download the relevant form.
Funeral Assistant - Inverurie
Position: Funeral Assistant
Salary: Starting salary £24,000
Hours of work: Monday to Friday: 8.30am to 5pm
Partipation in ‘on-call’ rota to cover the company 24-hour customer telephone number
Occasional Saturday Mornings - For the week in which a Saturday is worked, a half day will be due elsewhere in that week.
Closing date: 9am, Thursday 18 June 2020
- Assist Funeral Directors and colleagues in providing a customer focused service that not only meets but goes beyond client expectation
- Provide occasional cover for Funeral Directors to arrange, organise and conduct funeral services according to the requirements and wishes of the deceased and or client
- Liaise with colleagues to provide a 24-hour on-call service through the use of a rota system
- Assist the Funeral Directors in all funeral and memorial duties required to fulfil client’s instruction
- Provide a dignified and professional welcome to every client
- Answer the telephone in a competent, courteous and professional manner
- Ensure that all documentation and administration is actioned and processed efficiently, promptly and free from error
- Assist the Funeral Director in safe and secure transport of the deceased and clients
- Ensure that all legal requirements are complied with
- Ensure that funeral vehicles are valeted as required
- Liaise with colleagues to ensure vehicle maintenance checks are carried out frequently
- Ensure that the work environment remains clean and tidy at all times
- Share best practice with peers to enhance communication, performance and teamwork
- Assist the Funeral Directors in maintaining the business relationships with external parties such as clergy, florists and crematoria staff
- Be willing to represent the business in civic and professional organisations and activities if able
- Be responsible for a high standard of personal appearance, speech and conduct
- Be responsible for company property
- Assist in the identification, removal and transport of the deceased in a caring and compassionate manner
- Ensure that systems and procedures are adhered to at all times
- Embark upon relevant training courses as required
- Demonstrate and use own initiative
- Excellent organisational skills, ability to meet deadlines
- Able to meet the rigorous physical strength and agility requirements to lift and move deceased persons
- Able to learn practical skills to assist with funeral vehicles, workshop and mortuary
- Excellent attention to detail
- Polite and pleasant manner when dealing with people
- Valid driving licence
- Able to work as part of a team but also exercise initiative when required
- IT skills, particularly Microsoft Office and email
How to apply:
Please download the application form below, fill all information and submit the form via email email@example.com by 9am Thursday 18 June 2020.
As published in the Edinburgh Evening News on Monday 16 September, Tim Purves launches our free guide to managing your digital footprint including online banking, shopping and social media.
This month's launch of Toy Story 4 features a Joni Mitchell hit "Both Sides Now" which is being tipped as a future funeral anthem. Listeners of the Chris Evans Breakfast Show @ Virgin Radio today were treated to an extended play of the song following an interview with...
By 2100, Facebook is expected to have 4.9 billion deceased members according to a report in The Guardian based on a study by Oxford University. Researchers believe by 2070, dead members could outnumber the living. Even once you have died, your digital footprint lives...